Taking a quick pause with my backlogs to come up with a list of things I am grateful for in 2013. Here goes:
- I witnessed a big achievement unfold! Uhmazing!
- The Star Cinema-esque moments of my life. Haha! Cut by cut, sequence by sequence, highs and lows. Sometimes I wonder why things have to be so cinematic at times, but I am thankful and I want more… of the good stuff. Hahaha!
- Won a smartphone in a raffle draw for the first time ever.
- Had the best Katipunan summer! The insightful classes, fun breaks with classmates and everything else in between!
- One of my closest friends went to Manila for a short visit. Can’t wait for your 2014 visit, Akinae!
- Went to UST a couple of times: just for kicks, and for schoolwork. I still blend in the community. Haha!
- This year was a good year for exploring my side of the world. Went to places I’ve been (Laguna—a field trip at that, Cavite, Pampanga, Ilocos Sur, Singapore) and never been (Taiwan, Ilocos Sur—Baluarte, some parts of Ilocos Norte, Palawan, Malaysia). I also consistently rode trains going the wrong direction in two new countries (for the second year straight)!
- I got the gadget of my dreams… 2013 edition.
- Catching up on pop culture. I watched two Korean television series: One by Jo In Sung and the other by Song Joong Ki, and read more books than the usual. Current read: Anna and the French Kiss. Also, Divergent is awesome.
- Tried new cuisines (Din Tai Fung!) and went to places listed in my EatList (Wai Ying!). Special mention: Ate at Yabu countless times. I deserve a loyalty card or something.
- Improved my relationships. Time management plus I open up more to friends (old and new) now haha.
- Had more dates with all my girls. Special mention to my Hotheads: my safety net, Katz, and my prime motivator, Fatz. And the return of the LOL Girls! Hi Joysie and Xelds!
- Planned and went to a concert with Katz (For The First Time… yes, The Script reference). Watched OneRepublic for free, too! I found new Ryan Tedder fans in the form of my mom and Joys, my alone-together concert buddy this year!
- Volunteered in relief efforts and helped out in my own little ways.
- Legit movie marathon this year! Watched 6 out of 8 Metro Manila Film Fest entries this year. Went cinema-hopping for four movies in one day.
- Slowly learning to ignore things that make me irritable and stressed (looking at you in particular, social media).